Sunday 18 May 2014

A Very Different Sort of Photography

Backtracking on the fashion posts, I decided to do a cheeky photography post. And as my final exhibitions are currently being put together, it means I am getting a chance to go back through all my work over the past year, which is actually really jokes because I keep discovering old shoots I've forgotten about. This particular shoot I am blogging about is controversial, but extremely appropriate given recent headlines....

Even if you didn't watch Eurovision this year, which I'm guessing you didn't as most normal people don't, you must have seen who won. The only person I know who actively watches it every year is Noah Levy, classic. So just in case you have no idea who I'm talking about, here he(she) is...

Thomas Neuwirth better known as his drag 'persona' Conchita Wurst
Austrian Singer and Winner of Eurovision 2014
I feel like he looks like a bearded Kardasian?
























Anyway, the reason I'm sharing all this Eurovision trash is because the shoot I did was based on an artist called Leeland Bobbe, who actively supports drag acts. He is a relatively new photographer, with quite contemporary work, but the work I became most familiar with was called 'Half Drag.' Which was a series of shots, where a variety of men are photographed half in make up and half clean faced.
So here are a few of his collection:









Miss Fame © Leland Bobbé

The transformation is wild!!
Anyway, got a little sidetracked going back through his work, so you get the general idea. My shoot plan was to combine Bobbe's work with the classsic shots of David Bailey, Vogue's personal own. But in particular, his shots of Jean Shrimpton. Seeing as I'm giving examples for all of this, here's a few of Shrimpton, looking ravishing as ever.





So I thought to myself... who's a guy, who's pretty, and who is extremely comfortable with himself? Obviously it had to be Oli Savage, and what a beauty he turned out to be.
So, I have babbled on long enough, here are a few of my final shots, enjoy!








Well there you go, now you are all as aware of Oli's beauty as I am...
Huuuuuge shoutout to Oli for being a fabulous and very cooperative model, you make a great Jean Shrimpton.





Ta ra!
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment